Watching the C200 on Firefox

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-29 08:57:28 - last edited 2023-03-29 13:40:45
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi I just purchased my Tapo C200 (so I know very little about it) and would like to be able to watch the screen on my Firefox browser from the same network. It is monitoring a different room in the same house. I have added a "camera's account" in the Advanced Settings. I have also found the network address on my router. But nothing come up when I put the network address into Firefox. Can somebody please help me ? Thanks! DamCar.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Watching the C200 on Firefox-Solution
2023-03-29 13:06:54 - last edited 2023-03-29 13:40:45
It's not possible. The only accessible stream AFAIK is RTSP, and RTSP is not supported by any browser (with no support planned in the future, either). However, you can watch the stream in VLC. You will have to enable "Camera account" under "Advanced settings" for the camera, setting a username and a password. Then open a network stream in VLC with the URL rtsp://1.2.3.4/stream1 ...where "1.2.3.4" of course is your camera's IP address. VLC will ask you for login information for the stream: enter the information you input earlier. You can also integrate the username and password in the URL: rtsp://username:password@1.2.3.4/stream1 ...but this is less secure, depends on your needs.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Watching the C200 on Firefox-Solution
2023-03-29 13:06:54 - last edited 2023-03-29 13:40:45
It's not possible. The only accessible stream AFAIK is RTSP, and RTSP is not supported by any browser (with no support planned in the future, either). However, you can watch the stream in VLC. You will have to enable "Camera account" under "Advanced settings" for the camera, setting a username and a password. Then open a network stream in VLC with the URL rtsp://1.2.3.4/stream1 ...where "1.2.3.4" of course is your camera's IP address. VLC will ask you for login information for the stream: enter the information you input earlier. You can also integrate the username and password in the URL: rtsp://username:password@1.2.3.4/stream1 ...but this is less secure, depends on your needs.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Watching the C200 on Firefox
2023-03-29 13:40:09

Thanks  @Mangrove you're a godsend :)yes VLC is even a better choice. Your reply is so simple and so accurate. It should be put in GOLD LETTERS at the top of the Help topics. Have a great day - I am certainly going to have a great day now that the problem is solved. Cheers!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 2

Related Articles