Votes

Features that are in Tapo products should also be available for Kasa products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 09:19:49
Model: KC420WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Sadly, I am starting to research more about the cameras that I had purchase to secure, Kasa Outdoor Camera, my home and realized the other company that is Tapo. Sometimes I wish I didn't buy so suddenly, but I noticed the App on Tapo is more robust then Kasa. Tapo offers not just motion detection, but car detection which Kasa does not have in its app. I hope Kasa in the app or software would be able to bring these Ai features that its counterpart Tapo has. Even widgets to add to the homescreen to view are camera live feeds would be nice.

Moreover, in future products for Kasa, speaking on the hardware side now, Tapo cameras have colorpro version were the images is better to view at night, a bigger image sensor to absorb light. Something I noticed in the Kasa outdoor camera is that at night when someone is walking it leaves a trail where it seems when anything is in motion. Something I believe can be bettered with higher frame rates to be able to better to tell whats going on. Personally I had someone throw stones at my house and the camera did catch them but when they were running it became blurry. Lastly, Tapo has a better SD card storage from up to 256GB to 512GB.

Lastly, whats a bother for me and request is to stop making us purchase a subcription plan just to be able to user the third navigation tab. Something I dislike is the Activity tab is something useful to be able to see at the moment if there is an intruder, emergency, etc. at a glance and not having to dig into the camera tab. Kasa practically make this a feature you have to pay and have not seen this with other competitors. To pay for something is to obtain something more then what I would not normally get with the base or hardware. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.