Issue installing 3-way switch HS210 kit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-25 18:35:38

Hi,

I wanted to install an HS210 3-way switch but the light bulb started repeatedly turning on and off. I have two sets of wires coming into the first switch box. A three-wire and a two-wire.

I removed all the connections from the switch box and noticed out of 5 wires only the white one coming out of the two-wire set is hot. I think it should be the black one. Right? Is it possible that the previous electrician mistakenly used the white as hot?

what should I do in this case?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue installing 3-way switch HS210 kit
2023-11-30 06:03:11

@Ami2023 

This white wire does look like a hot wire from the test result of the voltage pen. If there are two hot wires in this location, your circuit structure may deviate from the typical setup. 

Please seek assistance from a professional electrician in this case.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Issue installing 3-way switch HS210 kit
2023-11-30 14:42:15

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks Wayne. That wire is the only hot one. So I tagged it as Load/Line. Based on my understanding the traveller wires should be in the same cable so I tagged the red and black wires in the left cable as travellers and the remaining two wires (white on in the 3-wire cable and black one in the 2-wire cable) are going to be neutral and should be connected together. Right?

Options