C510W wifi connectivity issues

C510W wifi connectivity issues

14 Reply
Re:C510W wifi connectivity issues
2024-04-15 06:21:12

@mammio my router (it's an Asus ZenWiFi AC) has an option under the 2.4GHz wireless section where you either enable or disable b/g protection. the option is tucked away next to the Wireless Mode option - which I have as Auto.

All i can say is without it enabled it has been rock solid.

Options
2024-05-30 18:33:14

@archercj 

Hi,

I had simular issues after installing a c510 camera. The other cameras work fine , but are  a diffrent type.

I resolved the issue for me bysplitting the A and G band of my wireless device. 

So one SSID for 2,4 ghz 802.11 BGN where i put all the cameras on and another SSID for my laptops and phones 5 Ghz 802.11a/ac. connecting to 802.11bgn with laptop or phone is still possible, but 802.11ac is faster.

The camera was always connected with a 1 mbps stream and sometimes reachable and sometimes not.

After the split of 2.4 and 5Ghz these prolblems were resolved and the c510 connects now with higher speeds like other devices.  It seems like it is a bug in the camera. For discovery 1 mbps link packets are used, containing information about the wireless network capailities. I think the c510 does not understand them correctly when 802.11a is active on the same ssid as the bgn channels.

Please be aware that when you split 2.4 and 5Ghz wifi6 cannot be used.

Marcel

Options
2024-05-31 06:08:22

@Marcel_Laros I have my router (Asus ZenWifi AC) split into 2.4 and 5 GHz. But I read your other post about DHCP. I'm experiencing issues (dropped connections) again with this camera after weeks of stability and it comes directly after I made some changes to DHCP, adding some new devices to the fixed IP range.

Options
2024-07-23 07:14:32

@archercj after weeks of relative stability (dropping out once or twice a week) the camera is now dropping hourly.

No changes to the router settings.

Interestingly I updated the firmware AFTER the issues to see if that would help and had a load of issues trying to connect back to the Blue Iris CCTV software. Port 2020 wouldn't connect. Did a factory reset and still an issue. left it for a while (a few hours) and it started to communicate. I can state there are no wifi signal strength issues where it is located.

I would not recommend this camera and I am now faced with chucking it in the bin and purchasing one that is reliable.

Options
Related Articles