Unable to download clips

Unable to download clips

Unable to download clips
Unable to download clips
2024-05-10 19:32:24 - last edited 2024-06-07 08:57:34
Model: Tapo D230S1   Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

I have the Tapo Doorbell D230S1 connected to a Tapo Hub 776C with Firmware 1.1.1 Buiild 20240322 rel.61775 bought directly from Tapo. We are use Deco S4 routers too bought refurbed on Amazon.

I was able to download clips when I first got the doorbell. Now when I try to download clips, it says the phone is not connected to the same network as the Tapo camera.

Please advise.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to download clips-Solution
2024-05-11 06:40:57 - last edited 2024-06-07 08:57:34

@Stalha 

Hi,
If you want to download the video recordings stored on the SD card inserted into the hub, please ensure your phone and the hub are connected to the same router. 

If they are, you can try the following steps:
1.  Force close the Tapo app, clean the app caches, and log in to the Tapo app again to download the video clips.
2. Temporarily disable any VPN apps or other security software with VPN mechanisms that may be affecting the network connection to see if it improves.
3. Try another phone or tablet if you have one.

If the problem remains, check the IP address of your hub and your phone, and test if you can ping the hub successfully on your phone.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to download clips-Solution
2024-05-11 06:40:57 - last edited 2024-06-07 08:57:34

@Stalha 

Hi,
If you want to download the video recordings stored on the SD card inserted into the hub, please ensure your phone and the hub are connected to the same router. 

If they are, you can try the following steps:
1.  Force close the Tapo app, clean the app caches, and log in to the Tapo app again to download the video clips.
2. Temporarily disable any VPN apps or other security software with VPN mechanisms that may be affecting the network connection to see if it improves.
3. Try another phone or tablet if you have one.

If the problem remains, check the IP address of your hub and your phone, and test if you can ping the hub successfully on your phone.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 1

Related Articles