Serious issues with Deco M4: I'm randomly connected to a slower unit. Unusable mesh system!

Este hilo ha sido bloqueado para más respuestas. Puede iniciar un nuevo hilo para compartir sus ideas o hacer preguntas.

Serious issues with Deco M4: I'm randomly connected to a slower unit. Unusable mesh system!

Este hilo ha sido bloqueado para más respuestas. Puede iniciar un nuevo hilo para compartir sus ideas o hacer preguntas.
2020-11-03 03:54:02
Modelo: Deco M4  
Versión del hardware: V4
Versión de firmware: 1.4.3

Hello. 

This is an absurd situation and I cannot fix it.

I placed the 3 pack Deco M4 routers at home. One of them in my first floor. Another on my 2nd floor. The third one on a playroom outside the main house. 

The M4 on the 2nd floor is a nightmare. It's on an open hallway. All rooms have doors. Plenty of walls. Anyway.

My devices are working OK, and suddenly I go from, say, 180mbps to 0.0001. If anything.

I've noticed that what is happening is that devices connect to the M4 on the 1st floor, very far away. I lose all cojnnectivity. And devices tend to stay there. On the slowest M4.

This is absurd to no end. I don't want my stationary devices hopping around my network and I have no clue why this is happening. I don't want to turn off mesh functionality because that's the reason why I got a mesh system in the first place.

But as it is, it's unusable.

I've tried playing with beamforming and fast roaming, tehe only options I have. It seems not to affect anything

Please, someone help...

Opciones
1 Responder
Re:Serious issues with Deco M4: I'm randomly connected to a slower unit. Unusable mesh system!
2021-01-30 16:23:38 - last edited 2021-01-30 16:25:41

@JavierHtz this only happens because TPLINK devices suck. Same issue happens to me and multiple users and the only response I get is that the devices might not be using 802.11k/v roaming protocols which is absurd because all new devices use them. Also roaming works very badly.  Every time I'm moving from 1st to 2nd floor my devices disconnect and after a few seconds connect again which is not what roaming is supposed to be. It should be transparent. Overall M4 devices work but they are very low quality decos in my opinion and the firmware is bad. 

The workaround I found is to go to the WPS option and force the device to connect to a specific deco via WPS. Once it's connected disable the MESH option for that device so it doesn't roam... this works most of the time but still sucks. Sorry

Opciones

Información

Servicial: 0

Puntos de vista: 152

respuestas: 1

Artículos relacionados