WiFi password must not contain spaces

Este hilo ha sido bloqueado para más respuestas. Puede iniciar un nuevo hilo para compartir sus ideas o hacer preguntas.

Este hilo ha sido bloqueado para más respuestas. Puede iniciar un nuevo hilo para compartir sus ideas o hacer preguntas.
2023-06-20 20:46:40
Modelo: Deco X50  
Versión del hardware:
Versión de firmware:

I'm trying to disable 5GHz WiFi temporarily, to add a new smart plug in my network. However, I can't save any changes, because the app shows an error message beneath the password: Must not contain space(s).

I don't want to change the password, which has always worked. Also, the app didn't show this error before.

There is no actual limitation on using spaces for passwords, nor a security concern, so why is the app showing this error now?

Opciones
2 Responder
Re:WiFi password must not contain spaces
2023-06-21 06:58:01

@Marmant 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

According to the previous troubleshooting cases, the engineers did find many devices, especially smart home devices fail to connect to Deco wifi because of the spaces.

For more details, you could have a look at this link. Special Characters are not suitable as Wi-Fi Name and Password

So later A notification has been added along with the APP upgrade.

Best regards.

Opciones
Re:WiFi password must not contain spaces
2023-06-21 16:23:26

@David-TP So, the solution to some clients having issues was to disallow spaces at app level, and forcing users with current passwords containing them, to update all their networks to be able to modify any settings at all?

Opciones

Información

Servicial: 3

Puntos de vista: 148

respuestas: 2

Artículos relacionados