Wifi Range Extender does not auto-switch to stronger wifi signal as iPhone/iPad move around house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Range Extender does not auto-switch to stronger wifi signal as iPhone/iPad move around house

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-15 00:01:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I cloned (manually, no WPA button) my home router to an AV500 wifi range extender. I can log into the AV500 with the same id/password as my home router so the cloning seems to have worked successfully. I was under the impression that devices using wifi (iPhone/iPad/etc.) would switch to the strongest wifi signal automatically. This is not the case for my setup. I can be right next to the AV500 and still have weak wifi signal from the main router until I turn off wifi on the iPhone, turn it back on, and then sign in, at which point it will switch to the AV500. And, if I now move to near the main house router the same thing happens. The iPhone sticks with the AV500 wifi even though it's much weaker than the main router which I'm now near. Is there anything else I need to do to initiate auto-switching among cloned wifi transmitters?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi Range Extender does not auto-switch to stronger wifi signal as iPhone/iPad move around house
2017-09-15 15:24:07
That's something to set up on your phone and other devices. http://www.tp-link.com/article/?faqid=592
Options
Re:Wifi Range Extender does not auto-switch to stronger wifi signal as iPhone/iPad move around house
2017-09-16 00:19:33
uutommi - The link you provided isn't found. Did something get dropped when you copied the location? Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9278

Replies: 2

Related Articles