Most relable powerline adapter ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-02 20:55:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. I just finished getting my basement finished and want to make sure my smart tv has a good connection to the internet. I figured that a power line adapter would be my best bet, but have not ever used one before. I was thinking of getting the most recent one which is the AV2000 but see some less than stellar reviews on it. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to get or possibly some tips to make sure I have the best connection possible? Thanks in advance.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Most relable powerline adapter ?
2017-10-03 17:02:11
From TP-Link, I'd go with 8030P V2. Other vendors are much more quick with firmware updates though - and much less quick in abandoning "older" products and product versions.
Options
2017-10-03 20:53:27
Would you not recommend one with a wifi extender built in? Why the AV1200 with the AV2000 out? Does the older version work better? Do you possibly recommend another brand? Thanks!
Options
2017-10-04 01:44:29
Until very recently, the AV2000 appeared to suffer from quite immature firmware. So did the AV1200, but they're past that now. Sadly, TP-Link more often than not forget to bring newer firmware releases onto older versions of the hardware.

I'm not using TP-Link WiFi products at all for I like to keep everything WiFi on the same vendor, including the main internet router. So it's all AVM for me.
Options
2017-10-04 01:58:06
With the latest 3.2.4b firmware, the AV2000 is of similar reliability to other TP-Link adaptors I have used and will likely be faster than older ones depending on your electrical system...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 4

Related Articles