wifi keeps dropping from TV and printers TC-W7960

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-10-05 06:43:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am constantly having to reconnect to my internet on both my TV (Dish Network receiver) and my printer. Every time I want to print I have to reset my WiFi. This is getting very old. I am getting frustrated. I see others have had the same issue. I look forward to any help I can get.
Options
6 Reply
Re:wifi keeps dropping from TV and printers TC-W7960
2017-10-06 19:29:17
They are both connected wirelessly, right? do you have the same issue on any other wireless clients like laptops, mobile devices? you may try to change the wifi channel on the cable modem router
Options
Thank you for a prompt response.
2017-10-07 02:37:53

uutommi wrote

They are both connected wirelessly, right? do you have the same issue on any other wireless clients like laptops, mobile devices? you may try to change the wifi channel on the cable modem router

Yes, both the Dish receiver and the HP OfficeJet 3830 are both wireless. I do not have this issue with my or or my husbands iPhones, iPads or my Mac. I do not know how to change the wifi channel on the cable modem router, but will see what I can find out about trying that next.

Again, thank you very much.
Options
2017-10-27 17:21:59

uutommi wrote

Good points ~
Options
2017-10-28 02:54:00
I have been having the same problem. now today, I can't connect to my wi-fi server. Anyone have a fix for this?
Options
2017-10-31 02:22:31
To change your router channel, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. Your router should show up. Now type admin for the username and admin for the password. Once in, go to the wireless tab, then click on advanced tab at the top. Go down to wireless again and you should see where to change the channel.
Options
thank you!
2017-11-01 05:12:45

mikellie wrote

To change your router channel, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. Your router should show up. Now type admin for the username and admin for the password. Once in, go to the wireless tab, then click on advanced tab at the top. Go down to wireless again and you should see where to change the channel.

I will try this today!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1222

Replies: 6