Changed Comcast modems, now TP-Link Range extender not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-19 09:30:44
Model : AC750 RE210

Hardware Version : ?

Firmware Version : ?

ISP : 10.0.0.163
So, pretty much what I said in the title...Comcast forced me to change modem/router and the range extender was working before, but now, I have a new password and user name for the new router and the range extender won't work. I tried going to the tplinkrepeater page and got a "it looks like you have issues" page, but I'm not sure what my issue is and how to solve it. How do I clear everything in the range extender and start over with the new router?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Changed Comcast modems, now TP-Link Range extender not working
2017-11-21 10:33:32
Hi,

Hold the RESET button on the side when it's plugged in for 10s to reset it to factory settings . Then connect to the extender's wifi(the wifi name should be called TP-LINK), and you will be able to access to the http://tplinkrepeater.net. You can follow the FAQ to configure it.
http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-702.html
Options
2017-11-22 11:34:36
Thanks!
Options
2021-04-08 13:54:02

@Wasatch Rebel didit work???  i cant get mie to work either   i think they are forcing us to buy their stupid pods

Options
2021-11-08 01:51:11

@vieldcs  I have done a reset on 3 different TP-Link devices, and keep getting the same message "incorrect network key". These were working

prior to moving the ComCast router to a new location. Not sure if the ComCast tech changed the box or not. I have devices that are connected

to the router using the same password.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8166

Replies: 4