HS200 screws shock?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS200 screws shock?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS200 screws shock?
HS200 screws shock?
2017-11-28 05:48:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My switch works perfectly, but before I put the plate on I noticed that the screws holding it into the box are hot (like give you a shock hot, not temp hot). I pulled it back out of the wall, made sure there were no exposed wires, I have my ground and neutral wire both attached to their respective wires properly...anyone else having this problem or have a suggestion for solving it?
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS200 screws shock?
2017-11-28 13:28:33
I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like the electrical box may not be properly grounded. Hopefully that's not it but if it is it does need to be sorted as it can be quite dangerous or even deadly.
Options
Re:HS200 screws shock?
2017-11-28 21:20:07

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like the electrical box may not be properly grounded. Hopefully that's not it but if it is it does need to be sorted as it can be quite dangerous or even deadly.

That was my thought too, but it doesn't happen on the old switch in there, just the new one. I re-installed the old one and the problem went away.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 2

Related Articles