Kasa app control more than TP-Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-11-28 09:59:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am building out our smart home. Certainly just getting started but my initial purchase was some TP-Link smart plug. They were very easy to setup on one of my home networks, name in Amazon Alexa app and then setup in Kasa and Echo. Now i’m expanding to lights and security camera.First the lights. As everyone here knows the benefit of TP-Link is not needing hub etc. The downside is bandwidth usage. Because of this I would like to use Hue bulbs / bridge. That brings me to my question.Can Kasa control Hue bulbs / devices? I know Kasa is more simplistic than the Hue app but I actually prefer it because i can do so much more with it. From schedules to scenes etc. One example is I can setup a “scene” in Kasa that no matter what is on or off at that moment can set what devices I want on and what i want off. Example I walk in and a,b,c are on and d,e,f,g are off. I can touch a “scene” and now a,c,f,g are on and b,d,e are off. Schedules and timers and groups are very easy as well. I know there are some cool third party apps that wont work with the TP-Link stuff but oh well. Sorry for the long rambling message but if it’s possible to control Hue or any other bridge / hub devices with Kasa and you could tell me how I would be greatful.Thanks,Jeff
Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa app control more than TP-Link
2017-11-30 16:58:15
"The downside is bandwidth usage." I don't agree with this words. How can bulb generate big data flow?

I have consult TP-Link holine but they said not support Hue bulb.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1085

Replies: 1

Related Articles