Another Pairing Question TL-WPA8630 KIT V2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-04 09:48:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just paired my TL-WPA8630 KIT V2. It went like clockwork. Classic, according to the book. However, when I place the receiver in the location where I want it to ultimately be (another building about 100 ft away) I lose the powerline paired light. Now I still get internet connection. Both the 2.4ghz and 5.0 ghz work fine. I just lose the powerline light. Now my understanding is that when the two units are paired (which they were) the light will light. When they are on the wrong circuit it will go to red. and when not paired the powerline light will not be lit. I hate to fool with it too much as it appears to be working right now. Should I try to re-pair the base and receiver again in their final locations?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Another Pairing Question TL-WPA8630 KIT V2
2017-12-04 17:33:09
Could you surf the Internet as normal? If it is, you can try to add the device manually.
The light of powerline is off, you can check whether there are some devices have filter function
Options
2017-12-06 20:49:40
I am not familiar with this filter function of which you speak. However, I did hookup to the internet and it is not functioning as intended. So I am definitely on the wrong circuit. I am going to flip the two hot wires on the breaker box to see if that works since plugging into other electrical outlets did not work. Will let you know.
Options
2017-12-18 12:59:58
Well, unfortunately after careful analysis it appears as though this device will not work for me. I will need to return it to the manufacturer. No matter what I do I cannot get the paired light to come back on once I remove the device from my house. I put it in one of my out buildings 100 feet away and it does not have enough AC signal to pair. I have moved it from build to building. I have also switched both AC 2 phase lines in the panel box on multiple buildings to try and get the same phase as paired in my home. All to no avail. No matter what I do it will not pair outside my home. That is sad. I was hoping this would work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 687

Replies: 3