HS105's will not reconnect to network after power failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-05 04:11:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi I have (3) hs105 v1's on firmware 1.4.0 and they work great, stay connected to network and everything seems good UNTIL......power failure boom, nothing. They have done this 3 times now after a power failure the light stays orange and they will not reconnect unless I unplug it for a few seconds then plug in back in and poof light goes blue and everything is golden. NOW here is my conundrum. I'm paralyzed in a wheelchair and live alone. So I have to call a family member or friend to get at least two of these because the one is 6 feet in the air on the back of my kitchen tv hooked to my Roku ultra that looses connection every 2 days like clockwork so I have the outlet on a 24 hour timer and it resets the Roku so it has internet access and I can control it with Alexa. The second one is down behind my desk on the wall and has my desk light plugged into it and I have to get it unplugged by a family member as well so i can tell good old Alexa to "turn my desk light on".
Any ideas here as to what i can do to make this reconnect after a power loss? I already have my TP LInk Router setup so these all have an assigned ip address based on MAC Adddress in dhcp table. Any help is appreciated!
Options
4 Reply
Re:HS105's will not reconnect to network after power failure
2017-12-05 16:18:34
For your Roku router I think you have better enable the Ping Watch Dog to reboot device automatically. Regrading the HS105 after power failure it should be the same of unplug and plug again so I don't know why for manually unplug-and-plug it helps while power failure and on again made no sense.
Should unplug and plug be working all the time?
Options
2017-12-09 12:12:37
Yes if i unplug and replug them in it reconnects every time. I just had to do this again today because the power flashed off briefly last night. I live in a bad area I guess because this happens like once or twice a month.:mad:

ANY IDEAS?!!? suggestions?
Options
2017-12-09 23:01:43
I don't know if it'll help, but maybe try rebooting (or if you can reach power cycle) the router to see if that gets the hs105's to reconnect? I wonder if the hs105s are coming up faster and giving up when they don't see the wifi. It's a long shot but you did ask for suggestions :).
Options
2017-12-11 04:30:59
Yes I'm pretty sure that is what's happening. Shame they couldn't put a delay in the firmware before it checks to reconnect or give it a longer allowable wait time. I can't be the only one that's having this problem. I guess most able body people just simply power cycle them and don't really think about it. For me it's a real pain. I bought this stuff to make my life easier not add more steps and make things a pain. I could simply recycle my router each time but i have a stubborn FreeNas box i built for recording from Silicone Dust HDHomerun. I have an issue with it where i have to log into it "one time" after a power failure to allow some kind of sudo access or it won't allow my recordings to take place. So you see if it's not one thing it's another lol!
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1341

Replies: 4