RE450 Wont connect to Hitron Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-07 06:38:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a Hitron Router from WaveBroadband. It works and everything connects it. I replaced it with a new one thinking that might be the issue but same problems. Same goes with RE450 Repeater but new one has same problems.

I go through setup process and Repeater finds the router like it is supposed to but once setup is complete it says no signal, not connected.
I have gone at length with tech support. Each blames the others product.

I have attempted setup wizard, manual setup, WPS. I have setup repeater hard wired to computer to do setup process. I have with the repeater hard wired to the router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Options
15 Reply
Re:RE450 Wont connect to Hitron Router
2017-12-07 11:17:08
How about the status page, does it connect each other?
Options
Same issue
2017-12-13 11:49:44
I have a TP1750 RE450 v1.0. Been using it for a few months now and it was all great. Then a week or two ago it stopped working. I ordered a new one. Both don't work. Same problem, as described above. It detects the wireless network, but once it completes setup it says 'no signal'.

I also have a Hitron broadband router that does WiFi on both channels.

This to me highlights something disturbing, like an un-requested update.

Can anyone solve this problem?
Options
2017-12-13 12:17:56
Same issue here...
Options
Also no longer able to "connect" my RE450 to my Hitron CGNM-2250
2017-12-15 04:21:20
Initial set-up (+/- 3 months ago) seemed to go fine. The RE450 and Hitron appeared to be properly connected and working as advertised.

A week or so ago I noticed that the RE450 was no longer properly connected and many, many attempts to reconnect the two have proven futile (I have lost track of how many times I have "factory reset" the RE450, unplugged and plugged it in, powered down and repowered the Hitron ...) .

Hoping that someone has an explanation and a solution or at least a work-around that they can share.
Options
2017-12-17 02:13:07
Same Issue...

My DLink extender stopped working on Wednesday night and refused to connect, I thought it had crapped out so I bought a new TP Link RE450, and now cannot connect either to the Hitron CGNM-2250 (Shaw) router.

I am suspicious that Shaw is pushing out a firmware update to the Hitron Routers, I will be calling them today.
Options
2017-12-19 00:37:47
I went surfing and found this:

http://business.shaw.ca/support/article?articleid=4294967658

Its unrelated to our issue but does seem to indicate that Shaw sent a firmware update out to their Hitrons on Dec 4 2017...is this the culprit?
Options
2017-12-22 02:24:16
Problem Solved!

Thanks to PEGE, I was able to confirm that I had indeed had the latest Hitron modem firmware installed, version: 4.5.11.5.3 on SHAW Cable.
This particular firmware version will likely to apply only to Shaw Cable supplied Hitron modems as I believe it's custom.
I then requested that Shaw send a technician to visit my home.
I explained and demonstrated the issue I was having to the technician.
I asked if he had a Hitron modem with the old firmware in his truck - he said maybe, but they are set to automatically install the update when they are first plugged in.
He offered me a Cisco modem (older but would not be affected by the firmware update)
Installed the Cisco modem and the problem disappeared - both the D-Link and the TP-Link now work.

This is pretty solid evidence that the Shaw Cable Hitron [LEFT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Arial]4.5.11.5.3
firmware update has a problem. [SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT][/LEFT]
Options
2017-12-25 13:05:16
Had the same problem with Shaw issued Hitron CGNM-2250 Router and TP Link RE450 after rebooting the router today.
After the reboot (and I assume the firmware upgrade) the RE450 would not longer connect despite several different attempts. I also noticed that my iPad would not (but my iPhone would) connect to the router's wifi. When i tried to reconnect the iPad, it complained that the password was not recognized even though it had not changed? When I changed the wifi connection password on the router the ipad (and iPhone) connected with the new password. After this, I tried connection the RE450 again to the router and now it connects with the new password.

Bottom line - try changing the CGNM-2250 wifi password and reconnect the RE450.
Options
2017-12-29 03:42:25
My experience was different than Dgoldies...

First cheers on getting it connected!

As part of the troubleshooting done with Shaw support, the Hitron modem was reset back to factory defaults. I then changed the SSID and the password. All the clients, Apple and PC, could connect to the Hitron router wirelessly and wired, but I could not make a connection with either my D-Link or TP-Link extenders. I should add here that as a test I connected an old Linksys wireless router (using a wired connection) and it too had a problem getting an IP address from the Hitron router, but finally after about 20 minutes got one.

I suspect that the Hitron router firmware upgrade is incompatible with some chipsets.

Jake
Options
Same issue
2018-02-06 04:02:33
Nothing seems to be working for me. Will tp link come up with an update too?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3333

Replies: 15