Cannot turn on remote control on smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-09 07:19:14
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Any advice on how to use the phone app to enable remote control? I keep getting an error message that says "Your device has no internet". However, I log on to my router as an admin and I can see the device connected. Whats up the that?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot turn on remote control on smart plug
2017-12-11 17:57:53
Maybe router's settings block the flow to internet. Have better disbale the firewall on router to see.
Options
Dosn't work.
2017-12-12 09:20:44

Anton L.Z. wrote

Maybe router's settings block the flow to internet. Have better disbale the firewall on router to see.

I already tried disabling the firewall and it didn't make an difference. Anyway, what a joke this device is. I'm supposed to open the router up to all traffic so this stupid plug will function correctly. What a great suggestion!

I also saw suggestions on this forum that said to purchase a new router. Ha Ha. Not going to happen.

This is supposed to be a consumer device. Does the company actually think a regular customer is going to be able to figure out how to configure a router to get this thing to work!! I already gave it a 1 star on Amazon along with a lengthy explanation of the 5 hours i spent fooling around trying to get it to work. And I don't plan on purchasing any more junk from this company, thank you very much. I'm glad I only spent $5 on this device. I'm going to take care of it for good tomorrow. Do you remember that scene from "Office Space" on what happens to that printer? I
Options
Re:Cannot turn on remote control on smart plug
2019-12-31 22:27:54

This may not be related to your problem.

I have been using Kasa on a wifi switch remotely without any issue for some time (ago). 

After recent purchase of wifi plub HS103, I installed it and then noticed my cell phone remote access no longer works.

The Kasa App does not have remote tab/button to enable remote access...  but wifi from intra network works fine. 

Anyone knows what I need to do to enable cell phone remote access? 

Ken 

Options
Dosn't work.
2020-10-25 23:48:34

@amchiker@hotma agreed.  attempted to set this up but cannot connect it to Alexa.  Thankfully Amazon has free returns as I am sending all 4 of the HS200 back and will be rating 1 star.  I do have a couple of the TP link plugs and they worked great which is why I bought the smart switches, what a mistake!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1036

Replies: 4

Related Articles