Devices not reconnecting after leaving/reentering Wifi - Archer AC1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices not reconnecting after leaving/reentering Wifi - Archer AC1200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Re:Devices not reconnecting after leaving/reentering Wifi - Archer AC1200
2017-12-21 17:19:26
I have the same issue. I have reset to factory settings but the problem still exist after a reset.

There is another thread about it, http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101240-Archer-C1200-v2-management-interface-and-Wifi-dies-after-a-little-while.
Options
2017-12-21 23:58:27
Hello, I'm the one who made downgrade and I just had the same problem, with base firmware 160918. I thought it would be solved when returning to the original firmware, but the problem continues. I had to restart the router to make it work. I do not understand well what happened in this time. I bought this router in August, and it worked without problems this time until the beginning of December, when I first updated firmware 170706.
Options
2017-12-22 04:16:10
Thanks for following up on this thread, everyone. I really want to love this router - range and speed are fantastic, but unless it is 100% reliable I just can't use it. So far, it sounds like there is no solution - downgrading the firmware doesn't sound like it worked. Let's keep pushing the engineers on this - seems like it is something that should be fixable.
Options
2017-12-22 16:34:19
It seems that TPLINK is aware of this problem.
I post this new from http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?101240-Archer-C1200-v2-management-interface-and-Wifi-dies-after-a-little-while./page3

tplink wrote

Dear All,

TP-Link is aware of the feedback on Archer C1200 and already taken great importance into this model.
If you encounter similar issue as other members posted, please kindly feedback to TP-Link technical support team (support.forum@tp-link.com) with detailed description of the problem.
We will request our R&D team to deal with your case in one business day.
Options
2017-12-23 00:24:22
Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Do these routers auto update firmware ? Purchased mine Oct 30. Never updated firmware and December 18th it stopped working as my access point. Reset and worked for the night . Next day same thing. Unable to connect and password incorrect. Reset router and reset up my access point and only worked again for 1 day.
Options
2017-12-24 01:54:21
I changed my router to 2.4 Ghz only, deactivating the 5Ghz band, as a last resort, two days ago. Since then everything is working without problems, no interruption in the Wi-Fi connection. At the moment it seems that it is more stable. I'll leave it this way until I wait for the firmware update. I imagine that the problem is related to the 5 Ghz wifi signal. I will report news.
Options
2017-12-24 11:02:40
I will try to disable my router 5GHz band.
Options
2017-12-25 21:20:56
Hi Francisco Fernández,

So how is the status after you disabled the 5Ghz band?

Do you mind to feedback all your issues and solution to TP-Link tech support as below. Currently they really need help from users to provide feedback and results of testing.
support@tp-link.com
support.forum@tp-link.com

Because my issues is same as yours but until now their RnD team can't find the root cause.

tplink wrote

Dear All,

TP-Link is aware of the feedback on Archer C1200 and already taken great importance into this model.
If you encounter similar issue as other members posted, please kindly feedback to TP-Link technical support team (support.forum@tp-link.com) with detailed description of the problem.
We will request our R&D team to deal with your case in one business day.
Options
2017-12-25 21:21:41

Francisco Fernández wrote

I changed my router to 2.4 Ghz only, deactivating the 5Ghz band, as a last resort, two days ago. Since then everything is working without problems, no interruption in the Wi-Fi connection. At the moment it seems that it is more stable. I'll leave it this way until I wait for the firmware update. I imagine that the problem is related to the 5 Ghz wifi signal. I will report news.

Hi Francisco Fernández,

So how is the status after you disabled the 5Ghz band?

Do you mind to feedback all your issues and solution to TP-Link tech support as below. Currently they really need help from users to provide feedback and results of testing.
[EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]
[EMAIL="support.forum@tp-link.com"]support.forum@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]

Because my issues is same as yours but until now their RnD team can't find the root cause.
Options
2017-12-29 21:02:34
Hello

Although I know that it is not a definitive solution, as a provisional measure to improve the stability of the router, I have tried to configure the 2G and 5G networks with WPA and TKIP (instead of WPA2 and AES) but the performance is very bad.

With WPA2 + AES the performance exceeds 170 Mbps
With WPA + TKIP the performance barely exceeds 20 Mbps

Probably because it has no HW acceleration for WPA + TKIP

Therefore this option is not a valid solution even as a provisional measure.

Regards.
Options
Related Articles