I get "Kasa has stopped" (android) whenever I try to edit the SCHEDULE for my HS100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I get "Kasa has stopped" (android) whenever I try to edit the SCHEDULE for my HS100

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-14 23:08:29
Model : HS100(US)

Hardware Version : 1.0

Firmware Version : 1.1.1

ISP : Comcast

I've been using Kasa for a few months now and was happy. Until I tried to change the schedule for one of my smart plugs. If I try to edit a time on an existing schedule item I get "Kasa has stopped" crash. If I try to add a schedule item (using the plus at the top left) I get "Kasa has stopped". Thankfully I can still manually turn the plug off and on, but the schedule has basically become unusable. I was able to remove schedule items, but of course cannot add them back. I did try deleting the cache and memory for the Kasa app but didn't help.

I have now also tried uninstalling the app, reinstalling, same result.

I also tried removing the smart plug from Kasa, resetting the smart plug, and adding it back again, same result.

I also just noticed when I try to use the Timer or hit the Away button the same thing happens ("Kasa has stopped").

Help!

Is this a known issue, or just me? I'm using a Google Pixel 2 XL and my wifi network was recently changed to a Deco system.

Android is version 8.1.0 (Dec. 5, 2017 security patch)
Options
3 Reply
Re:I get "Kasa has stopped" (android) whenever I try to edit the SCHEDULE for my HS100
2017-12-16 00:32:32
Perhaps this seems like more of a Kasa issue, but I couldn't find a better place than this to get help for it.
Options
Re:I get "Kasa has stopped" (android) whenever I try to edit the SCHEDULE for my HS100
2017-12-20 10:53:52
Seemed like a compatibility problem, I found kasa has released Android v1.10.4, you can update and see if still exsit this problem. Hope they have fixed it.
Options
2017-12-21 00:18:00
The auto-update for Kasa fixed the issue, thanks!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 867

Replies: 3