Cannot get HS100 to connect to home Wi-Fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-16 04:27:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just received my new HS100 smart plug. Can not connect to my home WI-Fi. The WI-Fi symbol blinks green and amber. When I hold down the button it blinks fast between green and amber, then it does a reset. I never see a steady green. My router/server is TP-link Archer Model C7. I put my tablet in the same area and the signal is high.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot get HS100 to connect to home Wi-Fi
2017-12-20 10:59:44
Which step of configuration process did you stuck in?
Options
Cannot connect to home WI-Fi
2017-12-21 00:56:48
the smart WI-Fi plug blinks amber and green after plugging device into outlet. I press button 5 seconds to go from slow blink to fast blink. When I let go of the button it returns to slow blink. Can not get it to blink green or go to green solid. It does go to a reset when I hold the button for 10 seconds.
Note that I am using a Android Tablet running 4.4.2. It is now working. I found out that I needed to assume it was connected to my WIFI when entering the information on my tablet with Kasa because when I was done, the HS100 light turned green.
Options
2017-12-21 02:14:20
I plug the HS100 into an outlet. After the unit slowly blinks between amber and green for several seconds I press the button which makes the unit go to a fast blinking amber and green. When I let go of the button the unit returns to the slow blinking amber and green. I cannot get the unit to blink green. I know that my network is strong at this location and works with other devices.
It is now working. I found out that I needed to assume it was connected to my WIFI when entering the information on my tablet with Kasa because when I was done, the HS100 light turned green.
Options
2021-05-06 01:53:49

@Gmarshall

I had Verizon internet and switched to Comcast today and now my HS1XX plugs are not working. 
Anyone else had this problem and suggestions for set up appreciated. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1341

Replies: 4