Extending WiFi in second building both connected by same tin/metal roof

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-20 23:52:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Where: USA

Structures: 3 bedroom house with partial basement. Modem (Shentel Cable/Internet Provider) located on one end of the house. On opposite end of the house there is a screen porch connecting to a garage that has a second living space above it. All structures are connected by the same metal roof.

Pretty much as soon as we exit the main house (where modem is) there is no WiFi signal. We would like to extend the WiFi signal to the living space above the garage.

I am curious if the plug in extenders will work with the metal roof or is there a better option to extend the WiFi signal.

Note: in the living space above the garage we do have a TV with the Shentel coax cable (old TV, non HD). Would there be another option to use a splitter and some other type of extender to connect the coax cable to? And we will be having Shentel out soon to upgrade the modem, but doubtful that will resolve extending the WiFi beyond the main house.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything and appreciate any suggestions and education on this topic.

Junebuggnc
Options
2 Reply
Re:Extending WiFi in second building both connected by same tin/metal roof
2017-12-21 16:52:19
i suggest you try powerline adapter. if the wifi signal is so weak that it cannot get a reliable connection
Options
Re:Extending WiFi in second building both connected by same tin/metal roof
2018-07-23 10:56:01
possibly, this is caused the protection of your roof bothered by heat and cold as the result it makes the connection down another factor is you can put in another side for exmple inside position to get the better connection and avoid from something is blocked from your connection for one of the solution of your house is UPVC and PVC roof as seemed on the average building and house now.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 492

Replies: 2