TP-Link Archer C20i Router setup question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-31 08:19:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me with some settings for my Archer C20i router.

I do a lot of work from home and rely on a fast internet connection. I live in a duplex and my sister and her two kids live in the other half of the duplex. Money can be tight with two teen aged kids so to help her out I share my connection with them. There are times however that they are eating up way too much bandwidth and slow my work down. One of the kids is always watching movies on her phone and the other is always online with his PS4. Of course whenever one of them has a friend over the first thing they do is give them the wifi password for their devices. So I am hoping to find a quick solution that doesn't require changing the password every couple days.

I believe what I want to do is possible but I'm not quite sure how to set it up on the TP-Link router. What I would like is to only give them the password for the guest network and limit the speed of that. That way they can stay connected all they want and let there friends connect and they will eventually figure out that the more people they have connected, the slower things will be for them. The main wifi passwords will be for me only.

Anyone have any suggestions how this setup would be done? I've played around with some of the bandwidth controls and I have no idea what to enter for egress or ingress.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 315

Replies: 0

Related Articles