TL-WA7210N AP-Client Router Configuration Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-25 02:42:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have this up and running. TL-WA7210N as AP-Client Router. It feeds into my exiting router (ASUS RTN66U) through the WAN port. My existing router has both wired and wireless devices attached, using a consistent SSID. I should mention we're in an RV and move a lot so the SSID on the Extender would change... or that's my understanding.

To repeat this configuration... I have a wireless router, with ports and I connect various devices (printer, file sharing, media device, etc.). I then use the TP-Link Range Extender to connect that device into WiFi. It feeds into the WAN port and is up and running.

The problem is that I sometimes have problems and I think it has to do with MAC addresses (having two of them the same).

Often, a location will require a userid and password to access a network. Some sort of validation. The WA7210N doesn't have a we interface. Online searches suggested using my laptop to connect, then going into the WA7210N and setting the devices MAC address to match the one I just logged in with. This is the way it's working now.

However, that means my laptop and the TP-Link have the same MAC addresses. There are some things I do, like Remote Desktop, that seem to cause connectivity problems which I think are MAC Address related.

Based on what I've said, am I configured properly?

Is the procedure I've described the right way to "log in" to a connection requiring validation?

Any suggestions for doing things differently that might yield better results (out of scope for these forums, but even including running different code on the router... not the TP-Link... the ASUS)?

Thank you,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 364

Replies: 0