installed and working okay on android/strange behavior on Windows (bluestacks)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-25 08:47:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

As indicated in the title I installed everything without any problem using my Samsung tablet with the Kasa app. I then installed the app on my Windows 10 laptop running bluestacks. I typically use my laptop with an ethernet cord. Kasa cannot find my HS-100 if I'm using a wired connection. If I disabled the wired connection and enable my wireless everything works just as it does on my Samsung tablet.

I'm assuming all of the communication is done via IP address (especially after the device is configured). I'm really scratching my head as to what is going on.

I also use the magicapp from magicJack through bluestacks on the same laptop. That application doesn't care if I'm using my wireless or wired ethernet. Kind of makes me believe that bluestacks really isn't the problem.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior before? Any suggestions?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 0