RE200: after setup, no internet access.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-01-27 08:15:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Model : RE200
Hardware Version : RE200 v.20
Firmware Version : 1.1.4
ISP : Irrelevant

Setup of the device is relatively simple, though I've never been able to get internet access once connected to the extender.

I have adjusted virtually every setting for LAN and DHCP that I can think of, including local and distant DNS servers, gateways, etc. Nothing seems to give me joy. It is connected to a Netgear RP7900P Nighthawk tri-band router.

What am I missing here?
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE200: after setup, no internet access.
2018-01-28 11:30:53
This thing kind of sucked. DNS lookups flapped constantly. It would work one minute, from one device, but not on another device within seconds. My Arlo system never was able to connect. No settings from bone stock to highly-customized ever fixed it, and the lack of community support here basically told me that it was pointless to continue wasting my time on it.

I purchased a TP-Link Powerline adapter and it was up and running in seconds, no muss, no fuss.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 1

Related Articles