I can't enter 32 events in my Smart switch schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-17 06:51:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I set up a smart switch to turn an exhaust fan on every hour for 15 minutes. Unfortunately you can only enter in 32 events when 48 are needed (which is annoying, but that's for another conversation). So I set up my on/off schedule with all 32 events and it worked fine until I set up "Away" mode.

Apparently away mode is considered another event, so in order to get it to work I had to delete one of my previous 32 events, which I did. Once I was done with away mode, I turned it off and tried to re-enter the event I deleted, but I get the message that I can only have 32 events even though I now only have 31. Apparently the app is still seeing the away mode event, but I don't see anyway to get rid of it so I can add my 32nd event back to the schedule. Please help!
Options
2 Reply
Re:I can't enter 32 events in my Smart switch schedule
2018-02-18 00:52:32
You could turn on the exhaust fan for 15m every hour with a single rule using AutomationManager. You run it as a rule engine on a low end android device that you leave running all of the time (even if you're an iPhone users). It also has a two away mode methods with fine control over the on/off periods. Click my name to see more details if you're interested, or you can email me directly.

To fix it on the device the admins here might be able to help, the only way I could think to do it would be to reset it. A power cycle might work.
Options
Re:I can't enter 32 events in my Smart switch schedule
2018-02-20 06:57:43

MikeP_AutomationManager wrote

You could turn on the exhaust fan for 15m every hour with a single rule using AutomationManager. You run it as a rule engine on a low end android device that you leave running all of the time (even if you're an iPhone users). It also has a two away mode methods with fine control over the on/off periods. Click my name to see more details if you're interested, or you can email me directly.

To fix it on the device the admins here might be able to help, the only way I could think to do it would be to reset it. A power cycle might work.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up using IFTTT to get what I need. I thought about resetting it but really didn't want to go through the hassle of setting it back up and adding in all 32 events. And then doing it again every time I want to use away mode. If I ever need more control than I can get with IFTTT I will definitely check out AutomationManager.

TP-Link: This is basic stuff that you really should fix (can't add 32 events). And really, there is no good reason to limit the device to 32 events in the first place.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 862

Replies: 2