TP-Link powerline adapter consistently drops connection when Lenovo is plugged in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link powerline adapter consistently drops connection when Lenovo is plugged in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-22 16:15:23
Model : TL-PA2010

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Spectrum

I can't seem to find an answer to this question, and I was hoping someone here might have had a similar issue or might have an idea of what could fix this.

Whenever I plug my laptop in to charge in the same bedroom as my powerline adapter, it seems to stop working. Pretty much immediately after it's plugged in, the middle light on the adapter goes out, and the internet stops working on my PS4.

One adapter is plugged in near the router on the first floor. The other is plugged into the wall on the second floor (so I can use the LAN connection on my PS4). Neither of them are plugged into a power strip or surge protector. When this happens, the PS4 can no longer access the internet, but the Wi-Fi on my laptop seems to work just fine.

I've tried plugging the laptop into multiple outlets, and this always happens when it's plugged in anywhere in the same room. When I plug it into the outlet in the hallway outside my bedroom door, the internet is fine. If I plug it into the outlet in the bathroom (which is on the opposite side of one of my bedroom walls), the internet is fine.

I'm pretty sure my laptop is causing this, but I can't seem to find a reason that one laptop would cause the adapters to stop working. I've tried my sister's laptop and have never had this issue. Has anyone else encountered an issue like this where one specific device seems to cause problems, and do you have any ideas how I can fix this? For now I'm able to use Wi-Fi, but I want to have the option to actually use the ethernet connection on my laptop, and to use my PS4 while the laptop is plugged in.

Thanks for any help or insight anyone can provide!

Adapters: TP-LINK Powerline AV200 Nano Adapter Starter Kit ( TL-PA2010)
Laptop: YOGA 700-11ISK

(If there's any info I'm missing feel free to let me know and I'll try to be more specific. Sorry if anything is confusing, I tried to describe everything in detail as much as I could.)

TP-LINK - Powerline AV200 Nano Adapter Starter Kit
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1257

Replies: 0

Related Articles