Combine ethernet powerline system with a wifi-powerline??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-02-23 01:46:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just installed an AV200 ethernet powerline system. There are two units involved, one is plugged in to an outlet near my computer connected to my comcast wifi-modem, and the other plugged into another outlet near my wife's computer to provide ethernet to her computer. Both of these units had to be paired before they could be used.

My question is, can I also add a single TP-Link WiFi powerline adapter to a completely different room to provide WiFi to it (don't want ethernet in that room)? If so, how would this be paired?. I've looked at some of the manuals online and can not figure it out how to combine the ethernet and wifi powerline adapters.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Combine ethernet powerline system with a wifi-powerline??
2018-02-23 19:41:47
Yes you can. Pair it into your existing network just like you did for the first two - press the pairing button on any one adapter that is already part of your network, then plug the new one in, wait until it fired up, press its pairing button. Wait. Done.

You'll then have to set up the newly added WiFi AP of course.
Options