TL-WA855RE connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-03-30 02:23:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have a TL-WA855RE connected to a credit card terminal, and almost every time I try to run a transaction, it fails on the first attempt with a no line error. I try again and it usually works. I talked to tech support for the credit card processing company, and they can't figure it out, so I wonder if it is the TL-WA855RE. I wonder if the device drops the connection after a period of inactivity, and then if it takes a few seconds to reconnect. If the terminal's timeout is less than the time it takes to "wake up", I would guess that could create a "no line" error the first time. Does anybody know enough about the inner workings of the TL-WA855RE to say if this might be happening? And, if so, what can I do to prevent it?

Thank you in advance.
[h=1][/h]
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA855RE connection problems
2018-03-30 10:24:41
no idea how TL-WA855RE works.
but you can do a test like this.
Connect a computer to it via ethernet cable and see if your computer get internet immediately.
Options
2018-04-01 03:08:36

uutommi wrote

no idea how TL-WA855RE works.
but you can do a test like this.
Connect a computer to it via ethernet cable and see if your computer get internet immediately.

I do it a connection pretty quickly, but it's hard to tell how quickly. I can't tell if it is the normal time required to get a connection or there is some additional time that the TL-WA855RE is taking to come out of "sleep" (if indeed that's what is happening).

I would use the laptop to test if it goes into sleep mode, but Windows is nearly-constantly sending network traffic, so I don't think the TL-WA855RE is going to sleep.
Options
2018-04-03 10:32:15
I connected a laptop running Archlinux to the extender. Immediately after connecting, I did a ping to my router, and it gave a standard (~6ms) response. Then I waited for an hour, and tried again, and this time there was a 192 ms pause before the response. See image. So that tells me that the device is somehow going to sleep after a period of time. It's a quick wake-up, but not quick enough for my terminal.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2380

Replies: 3

Related Articles