HS105 Smart Plug Mini not working with Google Assistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-11 04:47:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have two TP-Link Hs105 Smart Plug Mini devices that I use to control two floor lamps through two separate Google Home Mini devices. They worked perfectly for months until recently. Beginning in late-March/early-April, they stopped responding to voice commands. Google Assistant either says “I can’t help with that right now” or “ Encountered an unknown error.” I saw a Reddit post that suggested the problem may be the Kasa API. I am able to control the lights via the Kasa app, but I need them to be voice controlled. When will this issue be fixed?
Options
2 Reply
Re:HS105 Smart Plug Mini not working with Google Assistant
2018-04-11 16:55:19
Have you tried changing another voice command?
Try to remove the account and readd it.
Options
Re:HS105 Smart Plug Mini not working with Google Assistant
2018-04-13 00:52:57
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried factory resetting the smart plugs and re-linking them. Each will work when I say "turn on bedroom light" (for example), but not when I say "turn off bedroom light." However, they will both turn off if I give the general voice command "turn off the lights." Before resetting, they wouldn't respond to anything commands.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1368

Replies: 2