Feature request - Fade between Kasa scenes - Staff please read

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-04-12 12:28:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am a heavy user of the Kasa app and controlling my lights via IFTTT+Google Home, so far I have 8 LB100s and 4 LB130s, considering getting more to replace my conventional bulbs, but there's one, and only one, feature that has me wanting to switch over to z-wave or zigbee based lighting solutions, and that is fading between scenes.

Allow me to explain.

I sit down to watch a movie. I ask my Google Home turn on the home theater. Thanks to IFTTT, she does so, turning on the projector, receiver, subwoofer, etc, then sets all the inputs to their correct thing, and then SUDDENLY, flips all the lights to their designated "movie mode" scene designated in the Kasa app.

Movie is over, so I ask the Google Home to turn off the home theater. Again, whole process in reverse, turning all AV equipment off, and SUDDENLY flipping all lights to their appropriate brightness levels, blinding everyone.

I walk over to the bathroom in the middle of the night, activating the motion detector, turning on the scene to turn on the bathroom lights, bam, blinding light

I wake up with my alarm, alarm turns on the scene for the bedroom in the morning, bam, blinding light.

You get the idea.

If I turn on/off whole rooms of lights or one light at a time, they fade on or fade off (a little too quickly IMO but they do fade), however, when I activate a scene, it activates suddenly, without grace or care, just bam I'm there. I would really like it if the lights could fade slowly between scenes.

Is this something that can be done? Who do I need to contact to get a change like this? Competing products have this feature, fading between programmed scenes, some even have a feature where you can fade between designated colors in a loop. IMO these bulbs are priced as premium products so they should have premium features like this.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Feature request - Fade between Kasa scenes - Staff please read
2018-04-13 15:52:59
TP-LINK has one device which supports dimmer function.
Perhaps you may have a look.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-2101.html
Options
2018-05-04 07:54:05
This is a great idea. I would like to take it a bit farther and say that what the software needs is a way to control light patterns in a way that they change relatively quickly and for a length of time that can be set. Such an interface would support the idea of the OP, but would also support things like the following:
- Blending from one color to another over a set amount of time
- Random color blends for an indefinite amount of time
- Programmable color patterns cycling over an indefinite amount of time
- Programmable color pattern changing over a set amount of time
Options
2018-11-02 11:59:02
good day
Options
2019-11-28 05:33:07

In the last 24 hours, the Kasa app was able to update the firmware in all my "variable" bulbs (dimming, color) to include fading in the schedules.

Options
2020-10-01 06:12:39

TP-Link please make this happen! I bought dimming products for this reason 

Options
2020-10-18 23:37:25 - last edited 2020-10-18 23:41:23

@Cambam097 The Samsung SmarThings app works pretty good with Kasa devices, it has fade in and out on automations. But you will have to create the scenes again on that app.

Samsung app also does create Widgets on IOS but limited to 8, it is unlimited (so far for me) on Kasa app. It is not compatible with IOS shortcuts which Kasa is.

Added: You must have Kasa app installed. You can use both togheter, for different things as I do,  and have widgets from both app on IOS.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 2963

Replies: 6