Does the TP-Link Kasa HS220 dimmer switch require a ground wire?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-22 10:23:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

One of our outlets has a black, a red, a white and a plain copper wire. How do I know if the copper one is the ground? If there is no ground can we install the dimmer? The current regular dimmer switch installed has a green wire coming out of it that’s not attached to anything. The other two Kasas we installed went fine but had clear ground wires, whereas this one does not. Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Does the TP-Link Kasa HS220 dimmer switch require a ground wire?
2018-05-23 20:57:30
Bare copper is almost certainly ground. You can confirm by checking where it was connected to on the old switch, and typically it will also be connected to the switch box if it's metal.Often connections with black/red/white are 3 way switches and you may struggle to get the dimmer to work properly there.The switch will work without a ground (you do need neutral) but as it's a powered switch I would always ground it to be safe.
Options
Re:Does the TP-Link Kasa HS220 dimmer switch require a ground wire?
2020-09-01 05:55:11

Thank you very much for the nice share buddy, I just love the tp-link and its functionalities all the time except few times whenever the issue araises. MyLowesLife is the portal where the lowes store's employees can be logged in to the portal and get their benefits information.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4209

Replies: 2