Archer CR 1750 wireless dropping randomly and ethernet not connecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-25 01:07:59
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good morning, So approximately three weeks ago my fiancé and I had purchased an Archer CR 1750 gateway modem/router combo, as we were increasing our bandwidth speed from 125mb/s to 250mb/s and the Comcast modem wasn't designed to support that speed. As I didn't want her to have to keep paying the 10 dollar a month fee from Comcast we purchased this modem to save on some money and give us the bandwidth allocation that we purchased. Since that time we have been having times, typically in the morning when I am at work where the connection drops on her iPad's or iPhone 8S and tells her that the network password is wrong. I'm not there, and when she told me it wouldn't connect, or the network was missing, it would connect right away when I tried. Comcast tested the outside line as giving us the adequate bandwidth and a solid connection. As of right now, there have been five or six instances in the last two weeks where the internet around 0800-0900 and 1300-1400 the connection kicks her off Netflix or youtube. There are even times, thus far, three instances where I have woken up at 0430 and turned on my PC and it isn't connected to the internet which is hardwired into the modem. I have had to troubleshoot the problem and it states that the modem has an invalid IP address and it fixes itself. Right now I have it on Dynamic IP address as the standard, channel 11 for the 5.0ghz wifi that she uses and have run speed tests during the lulls and it drops down to 30mb/s when 10 minutes later it can be as high as 150mb/s as it should be. I have a little bit of a background in networking but nothing beyond that right now. Would I have to get a separate router to fix this?
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer CR 1750 wireless dropping randomly and ethernet not connecting
2018-05-25 14:42:54
Your model is CR700?How about the wired connection? Does it work properly when you lost the wifi connection? A little confused, both 2.4G and 5G have the same issue? If the wired connection is working well, but the wireless often drop. Try to set fixed wireless channel for both 2.4G and 5G.
Options
2018-05-25 23:42:29
Its a TP link AC1750. My fault, I am at work when I do most of these posts so I don't have my modem with me. The 5ghz has the main issue I think. Since I work 12 hours of the day I am only home three days a week and I don't typically notice the drop or see it. Most of the issues I have noticed is my fiancé getting booted/disconnected from the wifi. When I played with the phone/iPad she was connected to the 2.4ghz so I switched it and it connected fine. I have an 8 year old laptop that can only connect to the 2.4ghz and it doesn't have any issues when I use it. She sent me a screenshot of the iPad doing a speed test on the 5ghz and at 1030 in the morning last week it was at 30mb/s. I changed the 5ghz to channel 11 and it has helped a little but it is still an issue every two or three days it will lull from what my fiancé is telling me. The Comcast guy who came last week, saw the same thing, when we got 30mb/s on the 5ghz then 10 minutes later, he retested and it was back up to 150. Not sure why the lull. As for the 2.4ghz, I have it on auto because I don't understand the channel options for that one yet. The wired network works great 99% of the time. I woke up yesterday morning to find my computer wasn't connected to the internet. I had to reset the wireless connection twice for it to connect because it said it didn't have a valid IP address. Not sure why this would be an issue. When I had my old Surfboard 6580, it was never an issue. When the wifi lulls, the wired still works but I didn't speed test it when the wifi lulled. It didn't come to mind for me unfortunately.
Options
Archer CR700 intermittent connection for days
2018-05-31 05:33:39
I am having the same type of issue......all of a sudden after our ISP-(Suddenlink) preformed an area wide upgrade to the service I cannot keep a connection. I have had them come to my home and check lines and equipment being charged $60 each time for it. No firmware to update, and we have had NO ISSUES until now!Model: Archer CR700(US) Ver: 1.0
Options
2018-06-03 23:07:38
Yeah, I was going to start checking to see if there is an update in the firmware or maybe it requires a wifi amplifier or something.

General questions, what is the "optimized" settings for a TP link AC 1750?
Options
Wifi dropping intermittently
2018-06-05 10:26:18
Similar issue here: WiFi drops here and then... Today, I had to reboot 3 times.

I have the Archer CR700. All of a sudden, Wifi drops (I was on a VoIP call and it disconnected in the middle).
Usually, it's enough to stop WiFi from the web admin interface, and restart it. But I can't do it 3 times a day...
Wired connection and cable connection works perfectly.

Any idea?
Options
2020-05-25 17:46:33

@KillerKowz90 

I have the same issue with the CR500.  I purchased this last week and installed - worked perfectly for the weekend and now won't stay connected on the wifi.  I can see the 5g network, but the 2.4g network doesn't register.  I tried rebooting the modem, changing the channel to 1 and 20 bandwidth - no change.  What happened?  The ethernet connection works perfectly, as usual.

When I connect to the 5g network, my devices just spin and spin then timeout?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5374

Replies: 6