PA7020 inconsistent speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-05-25 09:21:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a pair of PA-7020KIT adapters in my two story house, master and router downstairs, remote upstairs. Both adapters are plugged directly into 2-outlet wall sockets. Often, when I used SPEEDTEST to test my internet speed, I get download speeds of only 10Mbps, which is barely useable. If I then unplug the upstairs adapter and then plug it back in, I'll get the normal ~100 Mbps speed. But it won't last all day. I've also noticed that even when the speed is terrible, the TPlink utility shows 267 Mbps.This utility doesn't even have a help file that I can find. The type font is so tiny and low contrast - white on light blue, REALLY?? -- so it's almost invisible. How the heck are you supposed to know which device is which?BTW, I tried to update the firmware for the PA-7020 v2.0 units, but windows doesn't have a clue what to do with a GGL file.
Options
3 Reply
Re:PA7020 inconsistent speed
2018-05-30 14:07:25
Here you can refer to the instruction to update on windows.
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/faq-1091.html
is there any high power appliance near the powerline device?
It's better to change another power socket.
Options
PA7020 kit (AV1000) speed deteriorates
2018-06-01 08:16:19

Anton L.Z. wrote

Here you can refer to the instruction to update on windows. https://www.tp-link.com/uk/faq-1091.html is there any high power appliance near the powerline device?It's better to change another power socket.
Yes, I found the instructions and updated the firmware of both PA1000's. When I just checked, my download speed was about 8 Mbps. I started the TPplc utility and it showed a link over 200 Mbps. Then I reset the upstairs PA1000 and download speed improved to 77 Mbps. Does it help to load tpPLC at startup?It's almost impossible to use a different outlet downstairs. My modem and router are in a kitchen cabinet near ceiling with an outlet inside the cabinet. I'd have to string an Ethernet cable across the wall to the next nearest outlet.jdog
Options
Re:PA7020 inconsistent speed
2018-06-07 16:15:02
It seems your home electrical environment is not suitable to use powerline devices.
They can get normal powerline link rate.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 943

Replies: 3