upgrade question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

upgrade question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
upgrade question
upgrade question
2018-06-01 09:49:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firstly I posted this before but cannot find it. I apologize if its posted twice.I recently moved to a new apartment where the signal is horrible. I had a old tplink 500mbps powerline kit, so I tried using it. at first I had horrible speeds with it around 7 to 8 mbps. and then minutes later it dropped and nothing but problems so I just unplugged them. figured its problem with the apartments wiring. Anyway I am wondering if it is worth buying a new gigabit tplink powerline ? I do not want to waste $50 for nothing.Thank you!
Options
2 Reply
Re:upgrade question
2018-06-01 17:45:59
It's better to plug them into the wall power sockets in a same roon to test the powerline speed.
Before you buy another devices it's better to confirm your electricial environment is suitable to use the powerline units.
Options
Re:upgrade question
2018-06-02 00:09:10
How will that help though. I need to use them in different rooms not the same room.I did test them in the outlets I need them and the connection was really bad but there. Will getting a new faster model help with the connection, even 100mb that's stable would be fine. The wifi in our apartment is horrible so I am only getting 20mb out of my 100mb connection. And can't run cables.Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 2

Related Articles