RE305 Range Extender as Access Point Problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-01 23:12:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

When I configure my RE305 as an access point, if I’m doing a FaceTime video chat with someone else as soon as I roam onto that access point my video will start lagging and sputtering. I know it’s something with the RE305 because when it’s unplugged I don’t have any problems with the video. My setup is I use a TP-Link C1200 AC1200 router as my central hub in my living room and have the RE305 range extender on the other side of my house in a bedroom. I have cat6 ethernet going from my router to a TP-Link gigabit Ethernet switch in my attic and then from there another cat6 cable going from the switch into my bedroom. This is what the RE305 plugs into once I’ve configured it to be in access point mode.I don’t seem to have any other problems with the RE305 since I can see that phones and streaming devices connect to it that perform like there aren’t any problems. My internet is Spectrum 100 down / 10 up.
Options
3 Reply
Re:RE305 Range Extender as Access Point Problems
2018-06-05 10:41:58
try to change another wireless channel on RE305 to get a stable connection.
Options
2018-06-05 22:34:12
I’ve tried this where I put the router on one end of the 5ghz spectrum and the re305 on the other end of the 5ghz. It had no effect. Still was getting the FaceTime issues.
Options
2020-04-20 02:54:58

@buddman014 this device has major issue. I have same problem as you, connection is not stable whether it's through cable or wifi. The device drops the connection every about 10 seconds. Tp-link unfortunately ignoring this problem and not providing any firmware fix. I will simply stop buying tp-link devices. A company who doesn't respect its customers.

FYI, I have RE305 V1 with latest firmware update available till this date.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2446

Replies: 3

Related Articles