Can't route from wired to wireless devices connected to same Powerline TL-WPA4220 adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't route from wired to wireless devices connected to same Powerline TL-WPA4220 adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-03 08:52:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm having problems connecting from a Windows 10 laptop to a networked printer both of which are served by the same TP-Link TL-WPA4220 AV500 powerline adapter on my home-office network. The laptop has a physical Ethernet connection to the adapter; the printer is connected via wifi. I'm wondering if the adapter won't allow traffic between these two machines for some reason.

Environment

The home-office network has three TP-Link Powerline adapters in total plus a TP-Link Archer C8 router. The powerline adapters are:

#1 TL-PA4020, in first office, connected via Ethernet to TP-Link Archer C8 router, which serves DHCP and routes to the Internet.
#2 TL-WPA4220, in second office, connected via Ethernet to Windows 10 laptop and IP phone, and via 2.4GHz 802.11g WiFi to an HP Laserjet printer.
#3 TL-WPA4530, in living room (not part of the equation here)

Adapters #2 and #3 are both set to serve 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi with the same SSID as the router, but use different WiFi channels.

Symptoms

The Windows 10 laptop cannot see or print to the printer even though both are served by the same TL-WPA4220. I *can* reach the web management interface of the printer from a machine connected via WiFi to the router, however.

The Windows 10 laptop cannot ping the IP address of the printer, but can successfully ping the IP address of the phone that's connected to the TL-WPA4220 via an Ethernet cable. Working from a machine connected to the router, I *can* ping all devices that are connected to the TL-WPA4220 (printer, Windows 10 laptop, phone).

My guess...

...is that this problem reflects an issue with the TL-WPA4220 in that the TL-WPA4220 won't route packets between its wired and wireless interfaces.

Troubleshooting

I checked that the printer is really connected the TL-WPA4220 by checking that it's reporting the same WiFi channel. It is. The router and TL-WPA4530 use different channels.
Options