DHCP Error Message on Xbox and IP invalid error on Laptops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-08 02:53:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello Everyone!

I am trying to set up my TP Link Powerline Converters but I am having so many problems!

I have two kits of the 500s. The first kit is downstairs connected to the modem and another one connected to the Xbox. The second kit is upstairs connected to my two laptops and another one connected to nothing in the spare bedroom. They are all paired and all three LED lights come on.

The one connected to the xbox was giving me the DHCP error message and not connecting. I did some research online and tried a few things that didn't work. Then I changed the ethernet cord and that seemed to fix it and it was working fine.

The laptops were never able to connect upstairs and give me the error code "Local area connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration".

I spoke with TP tech support and we cycled through every conceivable solution from unpairing them to resetting them, to switching their locations. Nothing worked and they can't get me online. The only thing I can get to work right now is my laptop which is plugged into the adapter that is also connected to the modem.

Please help me!
Options
1 Reply
Re:DHCP Error Message on Xbox and IP invalid error on Laptops
2018-09-03 16:40:51
Make sure the four of them are actually all on the same powerline network, and also make sure your network uses your very own individual encryption passphrase. This is best done by plugging them all into the same powerstrip - start with a pair, set up with individual encryption, then proceed to join the others in one by one. Then deploy them to their final locations.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1151

Replies: 1

Related Articles