Re650

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Re650

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Re650
Re650
2018-07-24 09:10:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought a new RE650 yesterday from Amazon and had it delivered today. The wizard to get both 2.4 and 5 bands was easy enough but for some reason, I cannot get the 2.4 band to connect to the web. 5GHz works fine. On my router, I set manually set the channel to 1 as the channel on my extender was set to 11. I see no reason why the 2.4 band isnt working. I spoke with TP Link customer support twice and they have "escalated" it to system engineering..but I am not holding my breath I will hear from them. Anyone else have the same issue? The router that its connecting to is an ASUS AC88U. I also tried connecting the extender to my Uverse gateway on the 2.4 band to see if it was an incompatibility with my ASUS and it still wouldn't pass traffic. The 650 is running the latest firmware. Thanks in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Re650
2018-07-24 16:16:30
generally speaking, the wireless channel should be the same as the main router.

If the main router use channel 1, it should be also channel 1 on the extender.

Have you tried on other devices? Does it work on any other device?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 634

Replies: 1

Related Articles