Turn smart plug off/on for short time to reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-09 04:41:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I would be nice to have a timed option to turn off/on a plug to hard reboot whatever is plugged into it. It would also need to be independent of an internet connection in case the device being rebooted was needed for the network connectivity. I've seen a few posts about this, but couldn't find any response.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Turn smart plug off/on for short time to reboot
2018-11-15 17:15:50 - last edited 2018-11-15 17:18:06

JimBoCA wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I would be nice to have a timed option to turn off/on a plug to hard reboot whatever is plugged into it. It would also need to be independent of an internet connection in case the device being rebooted was needed for the network connectivity. I've seen a few posts about this, but couldn't find any response.

Thank you for the suggestion, we can forward that as a potential feature request to our development team.

Options
2020-03-01 19:04:26

@JimBoCA 

I too am looking for this same feature as I do need to hard reset my router from time to time and also my network provider sometimes asks for a hard reset of his radios. Works great if I am in the house but it is a snow bird house that is only remotely controlled part of the year. This would be a great feature. 

JimBoCA wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Options
2020-07-06 18:35:28
I'm also looking to do this for similar reason as Hawkflyer. I can't just switch back on because once plugs is off the router is off so I can no longer connect I think I have a workaround using a scheduled. I schedule an "on" 2 minutes into the future. Then manually turn the device off. The schedule still runs on the device. I tried doing it also with a 2 minute "turn on" Timer. Then turning the device off. But it seems like turning the device off in the app resets the Timer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 807

Replies: 3

Related Articles