Ethernet ports on TL-PA9020P not connecting at Gigabit speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-16 12:16:43
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello! I have been using 4 TL-PA9020P (Version 1.0) adapters around my house for over a year. In general they work well, but recently I had a need to hook-up a switch to wired Ethernet Gigabit port on one of the TL-PA9020P adapters. The problem is - the Gigabit switch connected to either one of the ports on the Powerline adapter only recognizes connection as 100Mbit, not Gigabit connection. I'm connected via a Cat 6 cable, I tried using either one of the ports on the adapter with the same result. I thought the Ethernet ports should support Gigabit speeds. Can someone suggest what could be going on here? If it matters, the TP-Link Utility reports connections between 200 and 400 Mbps to other Powerline AV2000 adapters (all are the same TL-PA9020P models). I don't think it should matter though - the question is related to the Ethernet ports and reported speed on a port. Thanks in advance for any information!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Ethernet ports on TL-PA9020P not connecting at Gigabit speeds
2019-01-11 21:55:47 - last edited 2019-01-11 22:10:29

Same thing happening here. Any solution available?

EDIT: Problem solved after upgrading the firmware to the latest version and then re-setting the configuration to defaults. My systems began to report 1Gbps speeds again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2410

Replies: 1

Related Articles