HS105 without WiFi, etc.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS105 without WiFi, etc.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS105 without WiFi, etc.
HS105 without WiFi, etc.
2018-12-21 00:01:31

I understand that a WiFi network is required between the phone and the smart plug for the plug to be programmed for operation. But once it is programmed, I'm wondering about operation of the HS105 after WiFi goes down for some reason.

1. Will the program still run a programmed fixed schedule - will the plug still turn devices on and off at the programmed times if the WiFi goes down? Does the same answer apply to the countdown timer - will it still operate if WiF goes down after it was programmed?

2. If it is programmed to come on at sunrise, for example, will it still come on at sunrise if the WiFi goes down? If WiFi is down for several days, will it adjust to changes in sunrise time? Further, where does it normally get the information for sunrise time - from the internet, or from the phone, or does it use some soft of built-in lookup table for its location?

Generally, I'm wondering, after progarmming, if operation change in any way under the following fault modes:

1. WiFI goes down.

2. The internet goes down.

3. The phone goes down.

Tom

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS105 without WiFi, etc.
2018-12-21 21:05:15

The schedule, timer, and away mode will still work even if Wi-Fi drops and remains off. If power cuts out, only the schedule will still be back, and the other two will need to be configured again.

In order for the smart plug to update the sunset function it will need access to the internet. When the plug is initially set up it takes the time zone, and location and saves it locally from your phone. Should Wi-Fi drop the sunrise or sunset would not be able to update.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1014

Replies: 1