Secure TC-W7960

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Secure TC-W7960

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Secure TC-W7960
Secure TC-W7960
2018-12-27 02:06:16

Im having problems with someone hacking me that is why I bought this modem/router although it's already a bit better I'm not exactly sure how to secure the router. Some how somebody keeps getting in and setting up a timer so I can't log into my router to make changes. Could some one please tell me or better yet a link to the best possible secure setup. Thank u.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Secure TC-W7960
2018-12-27 15:20:07

@Spiderquest 

To change the Admin credentials for the router log into it's management page click Advanced - System Tools - Administrator.  Then set the password to something unqiue.  Although if this is happening now on two different routers and I assume two different SSID names and passwords then this may be less about someone hacking you and more about your PC being infected with a virus or other malious software.  If changing the Admin password does not resolve your issue you may want to run an antivirus on your computer.

Best Regads

Carl | TP-Link Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 782

Replies: 1