Option Request - After Turned on, Turn off after X minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-01 00:13:31 - last edited 2021-07-05 10:07:41

Hello - I saw there was a thread on this already, but figured I would start a new one to get your attention.  

Are you working on an option that will turn off a light (switch or plug) after X minutes?  So, light gets turned on by someone in my house and I want it to turn off after 3 minutes of being on.  

My family loves to leave lights on and I would love an option to turn off a light after I know it’s not being used after 3 minutes (Example - The pantry in my kitchen).  

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Option Request - After Turned on, Turn off after X minutes
2019-01-01 20:08:02 - last edited 2021-07-05 10:07:41

@Haunt 

There is a timer feature but not like the one your are requesting. You have to log into the device through the Kasa App to set timer countdown.  To accomplish what you are asking for a Sensor of sorts that can detect motion would need to be added.    Another option would be using a voice assistant.  Such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.  Even if you don't have google home or Alexa in your house you can connect you TP-Link Smart devices to the respected apps for those assistants on your phone.  Then using the that assistant simply tell it to shut off your lights or what ever you named the device.

Best Regards 

Carl |  TP-Link Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 826

Replies: 1