Votes

Smart Plug & Switches Schedule Enhancement - minutes offset from sunrise and sunset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Smart Plug & Switches Schedule Enhancement - minutes offset from sunrise and sunset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Smart Plug & Switches Schedule Enhancement - minutes offset from sunrise and sunset
2019-10-07 02:00:11

@Tony 

Totally agree that this feature is needed.

Another version of this feature could be the app adjusting the "turn on" time for each light by a few minutes each day so that they turn on earlier as we move towards winter and then later as we head back to summer. Effectively "turn on time" is the same year round. Could be called something like "dynamic adjust". 

Particularly useful if individual lights in the house are set to turn on at different times.

Options
Re:Smart Plug & Switches Schedule Enhancement - minutes offset from sunrise and sunset
2019-10-28 14:18:26

@Grandpa-Ron, thanks for the IFTTT suggestion. I've just started trying out IFTTT and will try this out.

Options
2019-12-29 19:36:23

@Grandpa-Ron, thanks for the IFTTT suggestion. I did the same and it works fine.

Options
2020-04-05 16:49:09

@TonyI see that you implemented the minutes before and after sunset and it is a great feature. Thank you. Is there a way to change the schedule of the plug so that any day of the month can be chosen. Here is what I am trying to accomplish and the reason for the request. A few months ago I took a trip and the internet service went out and had to be restored. I had to have a neighbor come into the house and reset the modem and router. I now have my router plugged into a Kasa plug to recycle it manually and that takes care of that problem. What I want to do is schedule the router to shut down for xx minutes for routine maintenance but I do not need that to happen on a weekly basis. I would like to be able to do that once per month or even every 6 weeks. I can not find a way to do that in the app unless of course I am missing something.

Thank you in advance.

Options
2020-04-23 20:54:24

@Grandpa-Ron Thanks for the great workaround. Problem is that for dawn/dusk offset funcitonality you have to set WU to be at 2+ different locations; i.e. most offset +/- sunrise/sunset triggers need a corresponding trigger +/- for dawn and dusk. So Dusk would be -.5hr and Dawn would be +.5 hour. But that would require two different GPS coordinates for the same WU account. I don't believe that can be done. Any suggestions?

Options
2020-04-23 20:54:56
Any updates? Function does not appear to exist...yet
Options
2020-04-23 21:22:15

@msnsaf,

Make sure you have updated your firmware. The functionality is available on my HS105 plugs and HS200 switches.

It is NOT available on my HS107 plug.

Options

Voters 14

+ 10 Voters