Remote RDP and Server connections not allowed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-02 14:45:18

Okay, so my issue is this.  I have game server that runs out of my house.  I use the same box as a Media server.  Since i installed deco, Players can't join the game.  Well, let me refrease that.  If I continuly restart the modem (which changes the IP every time since it's not static) it will work for a little while then stop.  When I connect to the game from inside my network it works fine.  RDP when connectiong from outside the network is super slow sometimes...unusable.  Sometimes from insdie the network it doesn't work at all.

My network map is as follows... CLoud, Surboard modem, Deco, Switch, then clients.  

In the deco app i have port forwarded everthing I need to.  I have set the servers prioortiy to high, and have also made set the bandwidth profile to custom and maxed out the sliders.  My old modem was a TP link AC router and I haven't had a problem at all.  If I can't find a solution to this problem. I will have to send these back.  
Thank you for any insite.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote RDP and Server connections not allowed?
2019-02-05 01:36:24

@RabidPanda 

Hi, it might be related to the Homecare services.  Please log into your Deco App and turn off (temporarily) the HomeCare services.  (AV, QOS, and Parental) and then test to see if the RDP clients drop and let us know.  From there the next course of action will be determined. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 1

Related Articles