HS100 connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-15 16:11:29
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I bought a smart plug  (HS100) and I have had problems, the first two days went everything perfect, but now I have had connection problems. appears me the following message "your device may be powered off or out of network range"

I have a 100/100 wifi connection with my phone next to the smart plug so out of network range its not possible and I'm connected to 2.4ghz.

I already reset and reconfigure and continue with the same problem

Any idea how to solve the problem?

Thnks

Options
3 Reply
Re:HS100 connection problems
2019-02-15 16:37:48

@Nunopereiraa Tap on the smart plug, then go to "Device Settings" icon on the top right. Look at the signal strength. For a reliable connection it should be -70 dBm or lower. If the number is higher, then the area you have the plug in is not ideal as it is not getting a reliable signal and needs to be relocated.

If the signal strength is good, do a completel factory default by holding the small button on top for 15 seconds, and install the plug again.

Options
Re:Re:HS100 connection problems
2019-02-15 17:59:01

My sinal strength is -61dBm . I already reset and reinstall and i have the same problem. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:HS100 connection problems
2019-02-15 18:54:29

@Nunopereiraa Might be best to get in touch with our support team to see what other solutions can be offered: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#LiveChat-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2683

Replies: 3

Related Articles