Ceiling fan switch

Ceiling fan switch

99 Reply
Re:Ceiling fan switch
2020-09-18 18:55:13

@ZioJim 

+2 for me - love the Kasa products so far, need something for 2 ceiling fans. 

Options
2020-09-22 01:10:38
I have 4 ceiling fans in my home of exclusively Kasa switches and dimmers. This also seems like one of those products that, yes, may not be super high volume but being able to offer a complete ecosystem of switches in turn drives overall sales. Seems like there’s enough users beginning to factor this into their decision when choosing an ecosystem to outfit their home with.
Options
2020-10-15 18:42:22

@ZioJim @Tony 
Yes! I would also buy at least four, if not more. I have four ceiling fans and two bathroom fans I would like to potentially control. I also plan to add two more ceiling fans to my house. Other companeis (I think one is Leviton) offer this, but since I have already invested so heavily in Kasa, I'd love to keep all my switches in the same system. I agree with others who say this is a gap in your product offering and that adding this product would be financially beneficial to you and quite helpful to an enormous number of people who have bought into your system. Please please make this a reality for us!

Options
2020-10-20 23:02:33

@Tony I would buy five smart fan speed controllers as soon as they are released. I strayed from my Kasa loyalty to buy one from Treatlife, but it has been a nightmare. Requires an Alexa skill to even link to Alexa, and then all I can do is turn the fan on and off. several online reviews said that they could control the fan speed with Alexa, but no matter how many times I've tried, it hasn't worked. I've emailed their customer service twice and left multiple questions on the Amazon product page, but they haven't responded to anything. I plan on returning it and never buying anything from them again, so please, please, please tell me that Kasa is considering adding this useful product to their lineup. I would love nothing more than to be able to install your reliable products to control my five household ceiling fans.

Options
2020-10-20 23:02:43

@Tony I would buy five smart fan speed controllers as soon as they are released. I strayed from my Kasa loyalty to buy one from Treatlife, but it has been a nightmare. Requires an Alexa skill to even link to Alexa, and then all I can do is turn the fan on and off. several online reviews said that they could control the fan speed with Alexa, but no matter how many times I've tried, it hasn't worked. I've emailed their customer service twice and left multiple questions on the Amazon product page, but they haven't responded to anything. I plan on returning it and never buying anything from them again, so please, please, please tell me that Kasa is considering adding this useful product to their lineup. I would love nothing more than to be able to install your reliable products to control my five household ceiling fans.

Options
2020-10-25 02:02:50

Don't make me have to get out of bed to turn off the ceiling fan.  How soon can you bring this to market, please? 

Options
2020-11-09 15:00:23

Add a +1 for me :)

Options
2020-12-21 05:53:17

@chewey_46 Agreed!  A ceiling fan switch and a 3-way switch with a dimmer are much, much needed!

Options
2021-01-04 23:46:56

Another tp-link / Kasa user here - put me down for 4 fan switches when they are released! Can't wait to complete my Kasa ecosystem with this!

Options
2021-01-05 00:25:53

@chewey_46 There are smart ceiling fan switches on the market. I bought one on Amazon made by Leviton (Decora Smart 4-speed fan switch), but it was very expensive ($49.99). I got it on sale at $39.99 but that is still more than what I would like to pay. Now it is no longer on sale and I would love it if Kasa would make one with similar features but at a lower price point.

Options
Related Articles