KC200 Firmware Update Loop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-11 17:45:59
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Brand new KC200 that I was able to configure and add with Android Kasa app. After getting it added, it said firmware updates so I clicked the button to start the firmware update. Now it's been a constant firmware update process, camera tab of the Kasa app shows its status of either 0 or 100%, but it never seems to finish and stays in a constant update loop. At times I get a solid green light on the camera and then next thing it starts blinking again and the app shows 0%. Per the network reports from my router it is pulling in data but it just does not seem to be able to complete. Any suggestions? Will a hard reset of the camera have to be done? 

Any info is appreciated. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:KC200 Firmware Update Loop
2019-04-11 18:14:14

@MGM 

The upgrade process should take no more then 5 minutes at the most. If the camera has been in that state loop state for a extended period of time, there may have been an issue during the update. Exit the Kasa app, and reboot the camera. Wait for the camera to boot up, if it goes amber and green, set it up again, if it is solid green you should be fine. If the LED does anything else, press and hold the reset for 10 seconds to default it, and set it up again. Should the camera still remain unsresponsive, contact our support at that point.

Options
Re:Re:KC200 Firmware Update Loop... Also with KC120
2019-08-28 18:01:57

I had the same issue with the KC120 camera on setup. It went into an infinite loop with the firmware update. I had to delete the device, set it up once more, run through the firmware update and then it worked. What I noticed the second time on setup is that once the camera connected, there was a green camera icon, to the right of the camera name, in the list. I did rename the camera as I had a hyphen in the name. I took the hyphen out...no spaces, no hyphens. Not sure if that made a difference but...Working like a champ now.

Options
2020-05-19 18:46:05

@MGM I have same problem but tested everything and still every time I'm stuck in endles update. I can set up camera and see camera feed but it starts automatically update firmware and then I can't do anything anymore. There is no trick to prevent firmware update or run it some other way? And even though it's updating camera can detect motion and I can watch the video. Device serial is 22020C4000197

Options
2020-05-19 19:16:34

@Jargos It seems that wifi extender caused the problem. I shut down extender and firmaware update went through.

Options
2021-11-17 19:34:47

@MGM I too have the same problem. Brand new KC115 it shows on my phone app as an option but it says updating firmware... and then on next tab is says Updating Firmware 100%. Yet the camera is not working yet.

MGM wrote

Brand new KC200 that I was able to configure and add with Android Kasa app. After getting it added, it said firmware updates so I clicked the button to start the firmware update. Now it's been a constant firmware update process, camera tab of the Kasa app shows its status of either 0 or 100%, but it never seems to finish and stays in a constant update loop. At times I get a solid green light on the camera and then next thing it starts blinking again and the app shows 0%. Per the network reports from my router it is pulling in data but it just does not seem to be able to complete. Any suggestions? Will a hard reset of the camera have to be done? 

Any info is appreciated. 

Options
2021-11-17 19:37:40

@Tony I did as suggested. I logged out of the phone app and then pulled the plug on the new KC115 pan and tilt camera. The screen is the same, Kasa_Cam_AD2B  updating firmware.

Tony wrote

@MGM 

The upgrade process should take no more then 5 minutes at the most. If the camera has been in that state loop state for a extended period of time, there may have been an issue during the update. Exit the Kasa app, and reboot the camera. Wait for the camera to boot up, if it goes amber and green, set it up again, if it is solid green you should be fine. If the LED does anything else, press and hold the reset for 10 seconds to default it, and set it up again. Should the camera still remain unsresponsive, contact our support at that point.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5690

Replies: 6