Wifi signal keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-18 13:31:27

I don't think it's a problem wtih the router/modem.  This started a few months ago, so I had Comcast come out.  They replaced some lines, did testing and said the issue was the router/modem (that was a Netgear).  I replaced it a couple of weeks ago with a brand new one (again a Netgear).  Comcast came out and said the issue was still the router/modem.  So i ordered a TP Link, installed it yesterday and today the Wifi signal is dropping again.  Do NOT think it's a router/modem issue.  But would be thankful if someone could suggest what the possible issue could be.
thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi signal keeps dropping
2019-04-18 16:58:38

@ehoffmaniu 

Given how the actual service line and device was replace and the issue still happens. It is either the environment or the device. So in other words it could be a distance issue or the device you are using is the culprit. 

However, to completely rule out it is possibly the internet service, log into the modem/router, and look at the system logs. There should not be any critical 3 or critical 4 errors. This is your modem telling you the signal is the issue, interferring with your connection. Even a tech checked, it is still best to verify.

Going back to what it could be, move multiple devices close to the router if possible as a test. Should they not drop then the wireless signal is simply not reaching where you need it to. In that case a range extender should resolve that.

Options
Re:Wifi signal keeps dropping
2019-09-20 12:10:09

@Tony 

A great information, thank you. This information helped us set up the website lichtgevende armbandjes.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3698

Replies: 2

Related Articles